Transpac??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have been diving a BP/W for a few years now and often here of a Transpac. I have no plans on switching but was just wondering what the specific differences are if any.

I dive the transpac and love it....only real difference is that its a soft plate over a hard plate. it can be used for single, double, or side setup so that makes it a pretty versatile design.... sidemount with a hard plate is just awkward IMO. I rarely used sidemount so I dont have a need for a sidemount specific rig.....the transpac is ready for whatever style I need for a specific dive

I agree with Mud&Rox. The versatility is the best advantage. Also, for me at least, the Transpac is more comfortable than a BP. Once you have it adjusted correctly, it is just as stable as any BP w/ W.

'Transpac' is a hybrid, sort of a cross between a 'pure' BP/wing and a conventional recreational BCD. I've been diving such 'hybrid' BCs for 10 yrs now, (Deep Outdoors brand) but they went out of business a couple of yrs ago, so yesterday I ordered (Scubatoys) a 'Transpac', as I'm looking to build another custom system for myself. I'm already pretty familar with 'Transpac' as 3 yrs ago I built a custom BC 'system' for a dive buddy, so it's a known quantity for me design-wise, so I know I can add/subtract assorted D-rings/pockets/weight pockets/etc. where I want to install them. Having worked to build a Transpac system already, it saves me a lot of time/energy having to reinvent the wheel with respect to my custom work/design. I've got a bunch of components just delivered or to be delivered next week, so next weekend my goal is to begin (and hopefully complete) the 'construction'.

Back
Top Bottom