San Diego diving 101

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings folks,

A friend of mine, not on SB, asked me if I had any info for her on diving San Diego. Well, I don't. But I did think that I might turn to to the SB community and find out if you folks could perhaps point us in the right direction?

When is a good time to dive San Diego?
Where are the good places to go dive?
What sort of conditions can be expected?
What format does the diving typically take on? Shore entry? Boat diving?
Any operators you could recommend that I can put her in touch with?

Thanks in advance.

When is a good time to dive San Diego? Anytime, though the air temps get a little chilly in Winter-time... sometimes.
Where are the good places to go dive? For a first-timer to San Diego i would recommend La Jolla Shores or La Jolla Cove... or a local boat dive to our local kelp beds.
What sort of conditions can be expected? Vis: 10-40 feet. Water temps AT DEPTH of low 50s to high 50s year round.
What format does the diving typically take on? Shore entry? Boat diving? Both are performed regularly.
Any operators you could recommend that I can put her in touch with? Here is a listing of all San Diego dive shops and boat operators: Dive Shops and Locations, Instructors, Boats, and O2 Fillers - Power Scuba (aka Scuba Diving in San Diego County) (La Jolla, CA) - Meetup

And of course our non-profit group, Power Scuba, goes out regularly to all sites: Power Scuba (aka Scuba Diving in San Diego County) (La Jolla, CA) - Meetup

Cheers,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom