Atomic Wrist Computer ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
SB,
It has been noted that Atomic has in development a Wrist Dive Computer. Does anyone know when it might come out?:hmmm:

I have the Cobalt and love it. It is exactly what I was looking for in a consul. :luxhello: I still dive with an AI wrist DC for redundancy, but do not practically care for the operational mechanisms of the DC. It is definitely not user intuitive…like the Cobalt. I am willing to wait for Atomic to release their wrist DC, I just was curious what it might be like, small and compact like most wrist DCs or large like the Galileo Sol or some where in between. Will the screen be two-tone or color like the Cobalt? Will it run on the same or similar programming as the Cobalt?

Pretty much any insight any one has would be greatly appreciated…unless of course it is still corporate secrets like the new IPADs. :D

~ME~

I am not sure if or when they are coming out with the new computer. But the company was sold to a company who also bought bare and stahlsac. So any computer release might be delayed if that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
the company was sold to a company who also bought bare and stahlsac

I'm fairly confident that Atomic hasn't been sold to anyone. Are you saying the Atomic wrist computer was being developed by another company that was then bought out?

Subscribing

In a PM to and from RonR, some info on the anticipated Atomic Wrist-Mounted Cive Computer.

My PM to RonR:

Re: Atomic Wrist-Mounted Computer

Ron,

In earlier threads I thought I read where you mentioned that Atomic was in developement of a Wrist Mounted Dive Computer. Do you have any idea when it might be released? Will it be as intuitive as the Cobalt...which I just love? Will it be a large computer or smaller like most typical dive computers?

I love my Cobalt and cannot invision replacing it...but I can see and do want to replace my AI wrist computer that I now use for redundancy. I hate it.

Any insight you might have I would greatly appreciate it.

Michael

RonR's Reply:

Michael,

We are actively working on a next generation Cobalt, which will be wrist mounted. Screen will be a bit smaller than the Cobalt, but with innovative display technology. We are committed to good interface design, so it will be as intuitive as the Cobalt. The form factor will be that of a larger wrist mount, definitely not a wristwatch style. The time frame is uncertain, as there are things that could both speed up and slow down the release, but it would be hard for me to picture anything coming out before Summer, and probably closer to Fall.

Ron

I thought I would pass this along...

~Michael~

P.S. Dove over Christmas in Fujairah, U.A.E. with my Cobalt for the first time...it was amazing and was everything I was looking for in a DC; the dives were pretty good also.

:banana::banana::banana:

According to DPD my Cobalt will be delivered between 1pm and 2pm today ! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

From everything I have heard I can't wait

I also want the Atomic Cobalt computer it looks awesome! Right now I have a Suunto D4 wrist dive watch/computer that works for me but for a console the Atomic rocks. Expensive but incredible.

Cobalt is definately awesome - arrived as scheduled a couple of hours ago, and I have had a play. Very easy to understand the menus and the display is just fantastic. I have been using a Suunto D9tx (wrist mounted) for the last few months and I absolutley love it, but it is just too dark and small for me to read easily with my ageing eyes - I bought a prescription mask and that just made it worse (can now see where I am but not very close up, and my wrist is just too close to read small numbers), I can see to dive now but not to easily read the LCD on the Suunto - oh that I could have had an extended test before I bought one. The Cobalt is slightly smaller than I expected but very easy to read for me, and I guess that a similar display and screen on a wrist will be perfect, but I am not buying another one anytime soon. - P

I also want the Atomic Cobalt computer it looks awesome! Right now I have a Suunto D4 wrist dive watch/computer that works for me but for a console the Atomic rocks. Expensive but incredible.

Ben,

A friendly suggestion.

If the Suunto D4 is working for you right now, I would suggest stick with it and do more diving. You are correct, the Atomic is very expensive compared to many other dive computers. For me I used my SPG a lot. When I started to buy a consul mounted dive computer (which would enlist simular body mechanic as the SPG when diving) when the Atomic was recommended. I read a lot on-line, mostly here at SB, before I decided to purchase one.

"FOR ME"...the Atomic Cobalt has been the perfect fit. But I do have another computer (that others love and I don't) that I bought failrly new into my diving career (really just a fun hobby) that I rarely use and paid about the same as the Cobalt.

Personnly, if you reach the point that you want to buy one, I am confident that you will love the computer too.

Happy Diving...
~ME~
:fish::fish::fish:
:goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

P.S. The Suunto D4 is a stalwart computer in the diving community. Who every told you to get one of those steered you correctly. If you do end up getting a Cobalt the D4 will be a great redundant source or vise versa. :monkeydance:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom