Oceanlog not finding dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Sharpe

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from a short dive trip (11 dives) and when I tried to download the new dives to Oceanlog it only recognized the last 2 dives. (Normally I download the data daily but I was in Mexico and my interface cable was back home.....)

When I manually scroll through the dive log on my ProPlus 2 they're there it's just that Oceanlog doesn't seem to see them.:(

What can I do to get around this???

Get divelog 5.0 ! I had so much trouble with ocean log not to mention it has a lousy GUI. Divelog software has a downloader for every oceanic computer.

If it's a VT3 (and perhaps others), depending on how often it records dive information, you may have overwritten some of the dives. Doug pointed this out to me after I had the same sort of question.

You might want to post the model of your dive computer and the version of the dive log software

I suspect Doug will be around shortly to help you as well, having the model information will help him help you.

Good luck,

Jeff

Get divelog 5.0 ! I had so much trouble with ocean log not to mention it has a lousy GUI. Divelog software has a downloader for every oceanic computer.

I may just do that, 35euros is a reasonable price for something that works.......

I had a simlar problem after a 7 dive trip and called Oceanic and found out that I had the sampling rate set at 2 second and it used the memory up so I set it at 30 second and have not had a problem.

I have this problem quite often. If I upload soon after diving before the computer logs off no problem. Other times it only shows the last cpl of dives. What I have found out is that it will upload you just need to try multiple times or right after you do a dive localy . Eventually they will come up but can be frustrating.

....... If I upload soon after diving before the computer logs off no problem. Other times it only shows the last cpl of dives. .....
what dive computer model do you have?

I had a simlar problem after a 7 dive trip and called Oceanic and found out that I had the sampling rate set at 2 second and it used the memory up so I set it at 30 second and have not had a problem.

sh*t. just completed 20 dives as part of a holiday after changing the 30sec sampling to 2sec half way though.

now i can only download the last 3 dives and have missed 17 odd. very frustrating since I don't recall it really mentioning this in the manual and my 97 previous dives saved no worries at all.

GRRRRRRRRR very upset I've lost this data.

You will need to call oceanic (800) 435-3483 to get the correct numbers for your particular computer but these are the numbers for one of the newer ones. This information has been removed from most of their website.

Sampling Rate
1MB Estimated Capacity
60 Seconds
100-110 Hours
30 Seconds
50-55 Hours
15 Seconds
25-30 Hours
2 Seconds
4-5 Hours
1 Seconds (Free Dive)
1.5-2 Hours