Nomad XT + 6cf Argon + can light . . . How???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Help, please? Pictures???

I'm having some problems with mounting the nomad bottle. Assume the can light is hung on or under the butt plate.

Where is the Argon bottle?

I just cannot seem to make this work . . . .

Greetings Jax I will being paying close attention to your thread.
I have pondered this issue with one or the other butt plate mounted you could move the other to the forward can light position.
I considered the argon bottle in this position due to the dry suit inflator position.
It would have to be belt mounted with some bungee helpers.

No pics but thought through it pretty carefully.
I would want to test dive it for a few dives before I executed any serious deep with decompression dives.
I have been SMing more and more but still doing all decompression dives BM.
That being said I will definitely be SMing in the near future with Tri Mix once the training over.

I could put you into contact with a fellow from Orlando that has dealt with this issue already.
He is the one who I would ask.
I can put you in touch with him via FaceBook from my friend list.
He has been SMing a long time and doing Tri Mix dive SM so I would seek his guidance.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Reactions: Jax
Greetings Jax I will being paying close attention to your thread.
I have pondered this issue with one or the other butt plate mounted you could move the other to the forward can light position.
I considered the argon bottle in this position due to the dry suit inflator position.
It would have to be belt mounted with some bungee helpers.

No pics but thought through it pretty carefully.
I would want to test dive it for a few dives before I executed any serious deep with decompression dives.
I have been SMing more and more but still doing all decompression dives BM.
That being said I will definitely be SMing in the near future with Tri Mix once the training over.

I could put you into contact with a fellow from Orlando that has dealt with this issue already.
He is the one who I would ask.
I can put you in touch with him via FaceBook from my friend list.
He has been SMing a long time and doing Tri Mix dive SM so I would seek his guidance.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Thanks, Cam; hope he'll send pictures. :)

:bump:

Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller?

Jax I don't have a nomad, but on my frankenrig I have just enough room above the rails to put a 6CF bottle. I don't think it would be a good place in tight cave, but for bigger passage/OW it seems to work for me. I routed the hose from my right side, so the valve is pointed towards my feet and the reg is pointed in towards my body. It can make the rails a little more difficult to get to, but it worked at least OK for me. YMMV.

Jake

No pics yet, but I clip my inflation bottle similar to the way I mount a stage. It requires a little longer of a leash, but it works well. Just clip with the valve down between the rail and your chest d-ring and run the hose between your sidemount cylinder up to your dry suit.

IMG_1217.jpg

For what it's worth, this is how I hang my can, never know it's there, run the wire behind the padding to the left hand with minimal slack.
My switch is on the light head so I don't have to access the can during a dive, not sure what your situation is regarding that.
Might free up some real estate backside, in anycase the above suggestion sounds good too.
Curious to see some pics too.

Reactions: Jax
Thanks - since the pad is just as wide as I am, I am thinking the can would push my right tank out . . . I'll have to try it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom