Help! Weighted Sta options or P Weight options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slater

Contributor
Reaction score
Did some searching here & looking for some more input before deciding.
I have a Hollis ss plate "single" & looking for some weighted STA options & also read about a p-weight, any availability in the states?
Just looking at some easy options at ditching some more weight, this rig is for local san diego diving only in a 7mil wetsuit
Ocychec has a 6lb weighted sta & reasonably priced.
Halycon 6lb weighted sta is pricey!

pweight;

DIRZone P-Weight by DIRZone

I have the Hollis SMS100 and use the weight pockets on either side of my tank on the cam bands.

I have the Hollis SMS100 and use the weight pockets on either side of my tank on the cam bands.

Not what im looking for, with a weighted sta or pweight, its just a cleaner rig & less to hassle with.

Did some searching here & looking for some more input before deciding.
I have a Hollis ss plate "single" & looking for some weighted STA options & also read about a p-weight, any availability in the states?
Just looking at some easy options at ditching some more weight, this rig is for local san diego diving only in a 7mil wetsuit
Ocychec has a 6lb weighted sta & reasonably priced.
Halycon 6lb weighted sta is pricey!

pweight;

DIRZone P-Weight by DIRZone

The Hollis STA is identical to the Halcyon STA as such you can buy the Halcyon STA removable weight it's around 6lbs and fits the Hollis STA, I know as I have owned both. Just one option. The weight as its halcyon is not cheap though. Good luck.

Sorry just re read your post, too quick to reply, realized my info is of little use...I know you already have a plate, but check out the DSS website they use pretty cool weight plates.

or you could buy one of the xsscuba "fillable" p-weight pouches...the only thing is filling it on both sides (to the full 5lbs) will make it bulge. i filled mine on one side with 3 lbs of lead shot and it works fine.

I use the Halcyon and it works great on the single tank. Really makes it easy if your diving a neutral rig with many different single tanks. The only issue it sits in the closet most of time because of my doubles.

I use the Halcyon and it works great on the single tank. Really makes it easy if your diving a neutral rig with many different single tanks. The only issue it sits in the closet most of time because of my doubles.

Loved the idea, cost me a kidney but unfortunately when diving wet with a steel tank it made me too top heavy so had to remove.

or you could buy one of the xsscuba "fillable" p-weight pouches...the only thing is filling it on both sides (to the full 5lbs) will make it bulge. i filled mine on one side with 3 lbs of lead shot and it works fine.

Frustrating & emailed XS / Highland but no reply yet...
The XS p-weight pouch claims 5lbs
The Highland pweight pouch claims 7lbs
Appears to be the same pouch, has the same item# for both brands...

+ 1 on the Halcyon. Just get the weight itself, with a Hollis STA, or go with the full Halcyon setup. That's what I've got. Love it, like it's not even there. Easy to take out too if I'm hitting the pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom