Computer / transmitter question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joel, you are correct - the rest of the computer works and your air pressure reading goes blank.

However, if you do not have a backup SPG, your dive is over.

I have a air integraded dive computer now [ Mares Puck AIR ] 67 hrs on it no problem. Im planning on getting a APG very soon , then Ill probably try one of the wrist computers with a transmitter. Thanks for your anwser

I use a backup SPG when on vacation with my AI computer. At a local dive hole I once dove without an SPG, or any gauges. I left them at the hotel and decided for one dive no biggie. I dive there regularly, had a full tank when I started and knew I would not use the entire tank. I asked my buddy to keep an eye on the tank in case it did free flow. It was a non-event as I have done that profile 100+ times even if diving without gauges was strange and it was a night dive. You don't need no stinken gauges! :cool2:

Hi Joel,

Yes, your wrist unit will still work independent of the transmitter. A redundant computer is a smart move.

You can either go with another Air-Integrated ( Hose-less or with a HP hose ) or Non Air-Integrated with an SPG.

Any questions?

If your using a computer with a transmitter and the transmitter dies , does the rest of your computer still work , and you only loose air presure.

If your computer dies then you lose everything.

If your computer dies then you lose everything.
Not if it's just the transmitter. Even then, Ive had three computer failures and never had to thumb a dive.

Not if it's just the transmitter. Even then, Ive had three computer failures and never had to thumb a dive.
Happened once and I carried on divng because of a spg. Just stayed above the dm and cancelled the 2nd dive.
Two non AI computers + spg would be my choice over one AI computer and they are cheaper as well.
It is personal preference, isn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom