6 weeks off - where to go to start dive master?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paluku

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I've just finished a great work trip to the Solomon islands and now I find myself with 6 weeks off! I want to go try and do (or at least start) my dive master somewhere... I'm looking for a place that has great diving, preferably not incredibly priced though, cheap accomodation and a bit of nightlife (not throngs of 18 year old backpackers or super seedy ex pats but the good guys and diver crowd we all love).

Any suggestions? Would love to wrangle an internship so I can get some experience in a shop too but I've heard mixed reviews about the validity of those sorts of things.

Help! Cheers :)

Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras would be m y choice.

Bay Islands College of Diving in Utila has a great DM program and offers valuable internships and extras.

Bay Islands College of Diving in Utila has a great DM program and offers valuable internships and extras.

I think Honduras is a bit far from Solomon Islands to be feasible for him...

OP, in your neck of the woods, I'd be considering Indonesia (lots of options), Philippines or possibly Papa New Guineau.

Back
Top Bottom