Nikon Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Korsu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This may or may not be the right place to post these images. Just back from Dumaguete, Philippines.
All images were with a Nikon D2Xs. Lenses included 60mm macro (+/- 1.4 TC), 105mm macro (trying a +10 SubSee diopter for the first time)
10-24mm Dx and a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye. I will post a trip report at some point.

Dumaguete Philippines - sbysshe.smugmug.com

SB

Great pics on some tough subjects!

Thanks,
The guides were really very good. They kept finding subjects that were so small, I wasn't sure what I was seeing.
Whale Sharks in this area are pretty uncommon. They were seen at Cebu island which is a 2 hr boat ride. The resort wanted to take advantage of the sightings and the seas were calm, so off we went.
The locals were paying fishermen to feed the Whale Sharks, to keep them in the area, to attract dive boats (the local "marine parks" get a fee/diver). Hence the split shot with the Shark and fisherman.

Nice work. I am heading to Dumaguete towards the end of Feburary, so this is really exciting to me. Great opening shrimp shot and loved the B&W of the full whale shark - very nice. I'll be shooting a 105 with +10 as well - appears to be lots of opportunities! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks WetLens. I need a little more time with the +10. Focusing was an issue, but nothing a little practice won't cure.
I stopped counting different Nudibranchs after 20 so there is plenty of stuff right there. The guides are amazing at finding small, "pigmy" critters. Really the biggest problem is being careful with the silty bottom. Very easy to stir up, not unlike Blue Heron Bridge (Dive Adventure: Blue Heron Bridge | Underwater Photography Guide) and your SmugMug site. That's why I used the 60mm so much, just to cut down on scatter.
The Whale Sharks hopefully will still be there in Feb. It has to be a calm day to go to Cebu. There were so many people in the water with the sharks, it was hard to get an isolated shot.
Do the Mandarin night dive a few times. It helps to have red filters for spotting lights.
Other than the travel you will have a great time. _DSC0099 - Version 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom