Is it possible to do both Saturday AM & PM dives with JDC or Scuba Works in Jupiter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking of making a quick Friday - Monday trip to Florida in February or March with diving Saturday & Sunday in Jupiter. Is there any reason I couldn't do both the AM & PM trips on Saturday with either JDC or Scuba works? That way I'd get 6 dives in over the two days. I'd dive Nitrox to help with the nitrogen loading. How much surface interval would I have between the AM & PM trips?

Also has anyone been on the Riverwalk boat? That's part of JDC correct?

And do the lemons hang around through March?

Yeah, it's done from time to time. Just don't max out on each dive or you may end up with a short last dive.
I would start out with slightly shorter dives on the first two and see were you are at on dive three and go from
there. Most likely with the change from morning trip to afternoon trip you would get a decent break before dive
three. I would make sure you get a decent interval before dive four and you might use the dive planner mode of
your computer to see what will be allowed at your planned depth of dive four to get a better idea of where you are at.

I'm thinking of making a quick Friday - Monday trip to Florida in February or March with diving Saturday & Sunday in Jupiter. Is there any reason I couldn't do both the AM & PM trips on Saturday with either JDC or Scuba works? That way I'd get 6 dives in over the two days. I'd dive Nitrox to help with the nitrogen loading. How much surface interval would I have between the AM & PM trips?

Also has anyone been on the Riverwalk boat? That's part of JDC correct?

And do the lemons hang around through March?

Dive all day Saturday; afternoon boat on Sunday you will be more then fine especially if you are diving nitrox; however just don't push it on the first dives on Saturday because you can lock yourself out. There is about a 2 hour surface interval if you dive the am boat before you do your first dive off of the pm boat. Ask to stay on the same boat if you plan on diving all day it makes the change over easy; you will just need to grab your tanks. I am a DM for JDC and do this all the time.

Riverwalk is owned by JDC but only goes out if the boat is full you are better off diving with us at JDC.

Sorry lemons aren't here that late.

We were diving in Coz over 80' on most dives doing four dives a day. I guess the big difference was the profiles were not flat so we had longer dives ending on shallow reefs. In Jupiter I did 3 tank dives but got three good dives in with hour long SI's using 36%. There are some shallower dives at Jupiter I believe. Talk to the dive Op and see what they offer. Worst case you likely drop 10min.

Thanks for the comments. I wasn't asking so much for the nitrogen loading. I can calculate that. But I wondered if there were any logistical info or local customs that might make this an issue. It sounds doable now I hope I can make the trip, and maybe Feb instead of March so a chance to see lemons.

<Snip> Riverwalk is owned by JDC but only goes out if the boat is full you are better off diving with us at JDC. <Snip>
Thanks, sotgecho, that's very important information. I'll look at ops other than Riverwalk. Again, thanks.

Thanks, sotgecho, that's very important information. I'll look at ops other than Riverwalk. Again, thanks.

Riverwalk is a great option if you have a group of 5-8. You can get the whole boat to yourselves.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom