oil drilling within 50nm of key west

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's funny. We won't explore for oil on our own shelf, but the Cubans come in and, with directional drilling, can suck out theirs and ours too. We look stupid here.

Uhhhhh, let's see. Don't deal with Cuba because they are commies. Do deal with China because they are commies. Very confusing. There was info going around a couple years ago about the Chinese drilling off of Key West in Cuban-claimed waters, so what's new? We are the dumb***es for not knocking holes in the ground all over the Western hemisphere. Wise up tree-huggers. We are hanging on by a thread.

Uhhhhh, let's see. Don't deal with Cuba because they are commies. Do deal with China because they are commies. Very confusing.

Uhhhhhhh.....
Dude....you missed it.
That was first class sarcasm...and you prolly figured it out already.

Now for yet another opinion....

I will explain this for the uninitiated of you who do not even remotely understand why we do not have normalized relations with the evil bearded bastard dictator for life that runs Cuba.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, American "Big $ugar" DIES!
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's touri$m industry takes a hit, as we are currently structured.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's agricultural industry takes a hit.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's horse racing/gaming/gambling industry takes a hit.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's psychotically anti-Castro expats will lose all claim to their stolen land and property (which they will NEVER get possession of again anyway).
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's psychotically anti-Castro expats will lose so very much of their political power (which is about gone anyway as evidenced by Obama's walking away victory in Florida at the last general eleaction, and his upcoming return to the office.

Now some good news:
If we normalize relations with Cuba, (as I expect Obama will do after his reelection) we can get involved...possibly in having some influence down there.
Castro is actually TERRIFIED of normalized relations with the USA.
It will not happen until he reaches Hell.
Castro like all other tyrants keeps the people down in a lot of ways, one of which is blaming the weak assed embargo as the root of all the average Cuban citizens' problems down there.

It's real simple....
I no more want the damned oil rigs off our coast spewing their pollution on our ocean than anyone else, but it is an inevitability.
Drill..
Tax....
Maintain ownership of the resource...
And when the scumbags that operate the rigs spill a freaking drop (which they will).. fine them har$hly, grab their performance bond$ and kick them off our land.
We will have no problem getting some other company to come in and attach to their hole and get the good crap left down there.

Geez...I could go on..and ..on..and on.

Chug
Lifelong Republican and I do not care for the most part what you do with your womb, or what PERSON you have sex with as long as everyone involved consents to it..

As if anyone cared what happens to South Florida and the sugar combines. The point is that we need the oil so as to get off the addiction to the Middle East. The rest of the stuff doesn't matter.

As if anyone cared what happens to South Florida and the sugar combines. The point is that we need the oil so as to get off the addiction to the Middle East. The rest of the stuff doesn't matter.

You Ohio people know better than anyone what it means to be a "Swing State".
Florida and Ohio are critical every 4 years.
These two states bully the rest of the country every 4 years to get what we want.

Chug
Wants to go to Cuba.

Uhhhhhhh.....
Dude....you missed it.
That was first class sarcasm...and you prolly figured it out already.

Now for yet another opinion....

I will explain this for the uninitiated of you who do not even remotely understand why we do not have normalized relations with the evil bearded bastard dictator for life that runs Cuba.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, American "Big $ugar" DIES!
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's touri$m industry takes a hit, as we are currently structured.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's agricultural industry takes a hit.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's horse racing/gaming/gambling industry takes a hit.
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's psychotically anti-Castro expats will lose all claim to their stolen land and property (which they will NEVER get possession of again anyway).
If we normalize relations with Cuba, Florida's psychotically anti-Castro expats will lose so very much of their political power (which is about gone anyway as evidenced by Obama's walking away victory in Florida at the last general eleaction, and his upcoming return to the office.

Now some good news:
If we normalize relations with Cuba, (as I expect Obama will do after his reelection) we can get involved...possibly in having some influence down there.
Castro is actually TERRIFIED of normalized relations with the USA.
It will not happen until he reaches Hell.
Castro like all other tyrants keeps the people down in a lot of ways, one of which is blaming the weak assed embargo as the root of all the average Cuban citizens' problems down there.

It's real simple....
I no more want the damned oil rigs off our coast spewing their pollution on our ocean than anyone else, but it is an inevitability.
Drill..
Tax....
Maintain ownership of the resource...
And when the scumbags that operate the rigs spill a freaking drop (which they will).. fine them har$hly, grab their performance bond$ and kick them off our land.
We will have no problem getting some other company to come in and attach to their hole and get the good crap left down there.

Geez...I could go on..and ..on..and on.

Chug
Lifelong Republican and I do not care for the most part what you do with your womb, or what PERSON you have sex with as long as everyone involved consents to it..

You forgot:
If we normalize relations with Cuba, American Corn Alcohol dies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom