Womens bc reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkb535

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm looking for a womens specific bc and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend anything. I definitely want something weight-integrated, and I don't want a completely back-inflated bc. I'm 5'6" and about 135 lbs, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I used an Oceanic Hera BC for teaching in the pool for a couple years. It is a very comfy integrated BC & a Hybrid (not fully back inflate- it does wrap around the sides a little).The BC is heavily padded in the right areas for us ladies, thus making it very comfortable. The shoulder straps are super adjustable. Not only does it adjust by the D-rings (as most BC's do), it also has adjustments in the back via screws for a more personalized fit. It has 2 big side pockets for storage, retractor pockets & an area to attach a dive tool (knife). The only downsides to the Hera is it is rather bulky (from all the padding). Because of the bulk, it really doesn't pack quite as well as most other BC's (I did take it & used it in Malaysia).

Before you decide NO I highly recomend you try a Back plate/wing BC. When my G/F and I got into diving we used the rental BC's and fit like crap and she hated them. From that point we went to about 10 different scuba shops trying on everything we could. and only found 1 Jacket style womens BC that she liked. Finally at this one shop she was speaking with another female diver/employee after talking she had asked her what she used and she had said she just finally got the BP/W she was saving up for and she loved it was the most comfortable etc etc. So She tried it on and we walked out with 2 Halcyon Eclipse BC's as I was also looking for me. But we both are very happy. The Backplate/wings will fit you better than anything becuase they are fitted to you.

There are several Manufactures that make them, I highly recomend you try one on befoer you make your decision, actually try as many different type as you can if your LDS has a pool try it out. You might be surprised. Also they are more versatile as they can adapt and grow with you as your diving does.

10-Eclipse-System_c200.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom