Genesis 2000 reg nitrox compatible? Din Conversion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Balaklava

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
About 3 months ago I bought GS 2000 thinking it was Nitrox compatible because many of the reviews on the leisurepro.com stated it was. When I opened the box and read the manual, it says that Genesis regulators are designed for use only with normal air (21%); use of Nitrox with this regulator can cause malfunction, fire, or explosion of the regulator causing serious injury or death. I used regulator with air and it worked fine, however I am very disappointed because of the warnings I read in the manual about Nitrox. If I knew of all the warnings in the manual I would have bought a different brand.

Questions:
All of the Genesis/Sherwood regulators are not designed for use with Nitrox?

If I service it using Nitrox compatible lubricants, can it be then used for Nitrox up to 40% or above?

By the way, how much is it to service it approximately? Is there a Genesis dealer in Miami Fl area?

Can Sherwood Din 300 bar conversion kit be used with this reg, or I have to buy Genesis Din conversion kit?

Even though I am pretty sure use with 32% Nitrox won't cause any malfunction, fire, or explosion, after reading this I don't have that much confidence in this reg...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom