Vilamendhoo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ut severes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

thanks for reading. I'm posting for two reasons. Firstly, I'm looking to see if anyone here by chance is heading out to Vilamendhoo in mid april. I'm heading out there round about the fifteenth, and finding a buddy ahead of time rather than when I arrive would be very useful.

Second reason. If you don't already know Vilamendhoo, you need to know. It is in South Ari Atoll, and due to its location it didn't take a pasting from el Nino in the nineties. This means its house reef is colourful, vibrant, and brimming with fish of all types. I get a recommendation to go there from an old diver last year, and he said it was without doubt the best diving in the world.

What makes it amazing, and probably unique is that you can dive pretty much for free there. If you have a buddy, and an owa, you oly have to pay for your Air to dive the house reef. If you are Nitrox certified, its free. You tell the dive school which one of the eight entry points you wish to use, and what time. Then you just go there, and someone brings your tanks and equipment. Hassle free.

On the house reef you'll find all the usual stuff like clownies, clouds of grunts and sweetlips, titan triggerfish, occies, eagle rays and also a few varieties of shark. Observant people may also see some frogfish, scorpionfish, nudibranchs, and maybe even get cleaned by some wrasse. If you get bored of that, jump on a boat and go find those mantas and whale sharks.

If you are thinking of going to the Maldives, don't book anything without checking the place out.

If you think I'm dumb and misguided and know a better place in the maldives, please let me know, and I'll be there with my camera as soon as I can : )

Chris. Ut severes seges.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150215337518694.344334.648563693&type=1&l=d8e7bcfbd5

I would agree, Vilamendhoo is a great island with awesome divespots.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom