Olympus C-8080, PT-023 Housing, Sea & Sea YS-90/60 Strobes, Dual Sync Cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing my existing camera setup with a new one so that I can shoot HD video as well as stills. The C-8080 camera shoots 640x480 video and 8 MP stills. The F2.8-3.5 lens can focus as close as 2" in super-micro mode and has a zoom range of 28-140mm (35 mm equiv). Name any other lens that can do that!

This setup has served me very well over the years with many of my photos ending up in identification guides, DVDs, academic/professional papers and other web sites. You can view some of them at Diving Photos & Video by Location. The key item in this setup, which took a long time to get right, was the addition of the TTL adapter from Heinrichs Weikamp which provides spot-on TTL control of the flashes. It would be nice to sell this system as a whole, as it works so well, but due to practicality I'll part it out. I'll give priority to anyone wanting the whole thing.

Photos of all of the equipment are located at: Olympus Underwater Camera with Sea & Sea Strobes for Sale

The PT-023 housing is practically new as I had a spare and my old one developed a leak a year ago. As a result it only got about 10 dives in since it was replaced. All of the strobes have cosmetic nicks and scratches. They work just fine and have never had any issues. All of the flashes have 5 pin type N cable connectors.

• Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom 8.0 MP Digital Camera (Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Review) - Black + circular polarizer & 1GB SD card - $125
  • Olympus PT-023 Underwater housing with a Heinrichs Weikamp (HeinrichsWeikamp.com) adapter. Also includes full set of O-rings, o-ring removal tool, grease and weight. If you want my old housing, you can have that too as the port on it is fine and it could be used for parts. Note that I don't want to sell the OLY-TTL-PT-N separately as I don't have the blank plug for the housing, but if no one wants the housing, I'll sell separately. - $175
  • Sea & Sea YS-90 Duo TTL Strobe with type N connector - $225
  • Sea & Sea YS-90 Duo TTL/Auto Strobe with type N connector - $225
  • Sea & Sea 5-pin Dual Sync Cord/N Part #03470 - $75
If you want the whole package, it's $750 + shipping.

I also have the following strobe for sale which makes no sense with the above system:

• Sea & Sea YS-60 TTL/N (converted from type S to N) - $125

Note that I'll charge whatever shipping costs are to ship to you and no more. If you want to pick it up, I'm located in Marlborough, MA.

-- Geoff

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom