Nikon AW100 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

screenmails

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for Nikon AW100 underwater housing so I can bring the camera scuba diving deeper than 33 feet.

Do you know where I can get one?

Thanks in advance,

Geo

It appears that Ikelite is NOT going to be making a housing for it. I doubt that Nikon will since it is designed as a waterproof camera already...not looking very promising unless Fantasea does one. Fantasea does house a lot of the smaller Nikon digicams, I would suggest contacting them.

It appears that Ikelite is NOT going to be making a housing for it. I doubt that Nikon will since it is designed as a waterproof camera already...not looking very promising unless Fantasea does one. Fantasea does house a lot of the smaller Nikon digicams, I would suggest contacting them.

I already did, unfortunately there are no plans on making a housing for this camera at this time. They might make one for the next generation.

You can produce some great footage with this camera even in shallow depths!
Check our video produced with this camera - Nikon Coolpix AW100 Holiday in the Red Sea with Fantasea Line - YouTube
Fantasea will soon be offering color correction filters for this camera, so vivid images and videos can be easily produced underwater...

SharonRainis: last time I emailed Fantasea they do have have a housing for this camera. Do they have one now?

I run a basic google search for nikon aw100 underwater case and a couple of pages into the googles of results i found this: New Nikon Coolpix AW100 Uw Housing

You owe me big time, :)

I think i am gonna get that setup, i do quite a lot of outdoor activities and diving, and so that little camera is compact and with the uw case sounds like the complete package...

Let's see how ordering from Italy works...

Manuel

If you get a Nimar, make sure you dive it empty before you put the camera in it. I've never had one, but there have been many posts on this forum describing leaky Nimar housings. If you put a 1lb. softweight wrapped in soft cloth in side, it should approximate the weight of a camera. Here's a link to previous thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/nikon-niche/326995-any-comments-nimar-equipment.html

I know about that one but Nimar USA does not carry it due to legal issues, only Nimar Italy has it. Also, the price is double than what I paid for my camera. I did contacted Nimar Italy about shipping the item to me but due to the legal issues they are not able to ship it to Canada and the USA. :(

Custodia per Nikon Coolpix AW100 - Nimar Shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom