Dive Shop in Juneau is For Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akscubainst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Due to the unfortunate accident awhile back which resulted in the owner drowning, The Scuba Tank in Juneau is for sale. The family is looking to sale the business or at this point to sell the inventory as a package. I'm sure if someone outside of Alaska wanted to purchase the package, reasonable shipping could be arranged.

If you are interested, let me know and I will put you in contact with the family.

Thanks,

Dave

Do you know if any new shops are going to be opened? This is sad and I talked to him a lot when I was there, he was such a nice guy and knew a lot about shellfish and the industry. I did try to go diving with him and now I regret not going out when it was snowing last year.

This is a fantastic opportunity if someone want's to run a shop in Juneau. Opening a new shop would cost a whole bunch more than just buying her out. If she doesn't find a buyer, I would imagine that eventually someone will fill the void but who knows when.

About air fills would the fire station work? I know the dive club might have a station, but I haven't gone to any events since it didn't work with my class times. I did dive sandy beach and it was a long swim to get past the point and into the long-shore trench, i did find a lot of cool things and I know the club does a lot of dives along the cruise ship slips. Dave, I have watched a few of your videos on youtube and that made me change my idea about what diving is. They made me rethink my dive plans and to just dive even if I cannot see so that I can practice my skills and improve on them.

Cool Man thanks, I'm glad you like our youtube stuff. Personally that's what diving is all about just being out and having fun, the more you do it the better your skills will be. The rest will come when you are ready to do more training. Just be safe and have fun with it.

As far as Juneau's future, I'm not sure what's going to happen, the fire station will absolutely not fill tanks, the dive club was real informal and died off a few years ago. I suspect that even without a shop, someone will open an outlet to get tanks filled and buy and o-ring.

would you want to teach a tech class if there was a few people intrested in it? Would you like to go diving when I get into Juneau sometime, I could use some criticism and pointers so that I can go forward with improvments in skills. I think I jsut might get my own fill station when i get into diving and go all the way.

I'd certainly be willing to set something up if you had a couple people who wanted to play and yea, hit me up if you are coming to town I'll dive with ya! I prefer having my own fill station it's just convenient, will never pay for itself but neither do a lot of things!

Back
Top Bottom