Bremerton Dive Shop / Buddy for February / March 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lkpederson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be in the Bremerton area middle of February through the first week in March. Looking for dive shop recommendations, dive buddy, etc. I have dived the area before (drysuit, etc). Looking for a way to get in the water!

TIA

Tia, just west of Bremerton is Hooodscanal and the Hood sport n dive dive shop has all you need, the current is easy there and good shore diving, The owner ron ault was a navy diver and very nice fella, you can dive wet it is not that bad, give him a call.

Yes there are all kinds of dive sites that have octos, hoodscanal has easy dives with plenty and wolf eels also, a days travel and you can do three dives and be back home. bremerton is a good location as you can hit the strait or the coast also for diving, tacoma has great dive sites also.

Well, octopuses are like all sea life, a hit or miss . . . but they aren't rare. One of our "mudhole" sites, within eyeshot of the downtown skyline, quite often has them, and sometimes several. Sites like Sunrise Reef (reached off a Tacoma charter boat) or Flagpole (reached off a Hood Canal charter, or from shore) are highly likely to yield octopus sightings, although they may be back in their dens.

Well, octopuses are like all sea life, a hit or miss . . . but they aren't rare. One of our "mudhole" sites, within eyeshot of the downtown skyline, quite often has them, and sometimes several. Sites like Sunrise Reef (reached off a Tacoma charter boat) or Flagpole (reached off a Hood Canal charter, or from shore) are highly likely to yield octopus sightings, although they may be back in their dens.

Lynn, I can almost guarantee people Octo sightings at some dives in the hood canal, back in dens of course. I would put the odds at greater than 95%. Especially right now they have been plentiful.

To the OP. I live in Kitsap County and would love to dive with you.

Back
Top Bottom