• Once a month on average

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Once every two months on average

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Every six months on average

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • About once a year

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Too often (I dont want to talk about it)

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pay overweight charges, and I buy more.

Gotta' get help :saver:

don

If I didn't spend on dive equipment I'd be spending more on food, and then I'd eat too much, not get my exercise, become morbidly obese and drop dead of a heart attack.

So spending money on dive gear is a good thing. :D

Well, since I am still growing my kit list, evry month! Mind you, it doesn;t help that when starting out you find out that the fist bit you bought was rubbish and has to be replaced with a newer, shinier version that costs twice as much! Buying diving gear is like painting a bridge - its an endless task!

My god, I do agree with that last statement...upgrading is endless..

Been diving withthe same tanks,regulators, mask,fins. BC for the last 15 years. Did recently buy some new fin straps though.

Captain

I buy when I need something. I'm not on a schedule. I have pretty much everything I need. I buy when I need to replace something worn out, broken, used up or lost.

Walter once bubbled...
I buy when I need something. I'm not on a schedule. I have pretty much everything I need. I buy when I need to replace something worn out, broken, used up or lost.

That is also the way it works for me.

At the beginning of winter, each year, I have my regulators serviced, and I clean and inspect all my own other gear. That is when I will do most of the major replacing. The two week interval that the regulators spend at the scuba shop are a perfect time to repair or replace all the other gear as well.

Replace the batteries in the computers. Replace the straps on the instruments and gear. Check and replace valves as needed. Check and replace seals as needed.

Recently bought a new compass, because mine was too scratched up and worn to work very well. The new compass should last 5 to 10 years, like the old one did. That was the only new thing I bought for myself in the past year.

A year ago I bought a safety sausage for a dive trip to Fiji. Locally I do not have much use for a safety sausage, since most of my dives are beach dives or non-current boat dives. But with Fiji's fast currents, a sausage was a good idea, if not indespensible.

That amounts to once each year for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom