Regulator Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regtechkidd

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,
I have a regulator that resembles a Dive Rite RG1200 or 1205. I have been trying to figure out who made this regulator since there are many manufacturers with the same design. The HP seat closely resembles a Diverite, however there are a few subtle differences in the reg that I have in hand, and what I see illustrated in the repair manual (black trim ring between body and turret, and groove around the diaphragm cap). I have enclosed a few pictures of the outside and the inside of the regulator, as they should be helpful. Any information you could lend would be appreceiated. I have already heard back from zeagle that it is not theirs, and am waiting on word from Apex.

Attachments

• Bal Chamber.jpg
    Bal Chamber.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Body, Fixed orifice.jpg
    Body, Fixed orifice.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Body, IP chamber& diaphragm.jpg
    Body, IP chamber& diaphragm.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Yoke.jpg
    Yoke.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Assembled 3.jpg
    Assembled 3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Assembled 1.jpg
    Assembled 1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Assembled 2.jpg
    Assembled 2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 72
Is there a serial number on it anywhere and if so what direction does it run?

There is a serial number on the reg, however that is not in the same location as I see illustrated in the Dive Rite Repair manual. On the reg I have, the serial number is between the HP ports, opposite the inlet fitting (05020057). Whereas the regulators depicted in the repair manual have what appears to be a serial number between a HP port and the inlet fitting.

Attachments

• Serial shot.jpg
    Serial shot.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 200
Hi,

The reg is not a Dive Rite. We've never sold one with the black ring and the serial number doesn't match up with our records. Wish I could help.

Kathleen

I believe it's called Promate Tornado. I think it was made by the same ODS(ODS) guys that make half of the regs on the market today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom