Ikelite 6871.60 Underwater Housing and Nikonos SB 105

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbarosa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Canon Rebel T3i and I want to use my old Nikonos SB 105 that works great..

My questions are:

1. What components should I buy it to connect such flash?

2. Will the TTL work?

3. What is the recommended settings on the Ikelite housing?

4. Any other tip/recomendation?

Thanks
Regi

I have a Canon Rebel T3i and I want to use my old Nikonos SB 105 that works great..

My questions are:

1. What components should I buy it to connect such flash?

2. Will the TTL work?

3. What is the recommended settings on the Ikelite housing?

4. Any other tip/recomendation?

Thanks
Regi

Regi,

You will need our #4116.31 sync cord referenced below to connect your Nikonos SB-105 strobe.

Ikelite Sync Cords

Please keep in mind that this will provide only manual strobe operation. To take advantage of the housing's built-in TTL circuitry an Ikelite "DS" style strobe or strobes must be utilized. Since the SB-105 will not power the housing's circuitry, you will choose the manual power settings on the strobe itself. Here is a link to our dealer locator if you need it:

Dealers

Thnaks I will search.. But how do I attach the SB 105 to the tray? I saw that the adapters offered by Ikelite are discontinued. Can you give me some advice here.
Thanks
Regi

Thnaks I will search.. But how do I attach the SB 105 to the tray? I saw that the adapters offered by Ikelite are discontinued. Can you give me some advice here.
Thanks
Regi

Regi,

We do still offer a 1" ball mount (#9571.45) and a 1.25" ball mount (#9577.45) for the Nikon SB-105. Attaching one of these two ball mounts to your strobe will allow you to use either of our corresponding SA-100 or SA-125 arm systems. These parts can be seen here:

Strobe Arm Systems

Thanks I am getting closer now.. So considering my Ikelite for Canon Rebel t3i, in order to use the SB105 I need:
1. a 1" ball mount (#9571.45) or a 1.25" ball mount (#9577.45) ?

2. Cord 4116.31

3 and SA-100 or SA-125 ? What do you recommend? I want to spend the minimum $$.

--------------------
Other idea..
4. I got a Tubular Mount with Stem #9575.4 from ebay. Is it possible to use this instead of SA-100/125? In this case what other part I will need it?

Re
gards

Last edited:
Thanks I am getting closer now.. So considering my Ikelite for Canon Rebel t3i, in order to use the SB105 I need:
1. a 1" ball mount (#9571.45) or a 1.25" ball mount (#9577.45) ?

2. Cord 4116.31

3 and SA-100 or SA-125 ? What do you recommend? I want to spend the minimum $$.

--------------------
Other idea..
4. I got a Tubular Mount with Stem #9575.4 from ebay. Is it possible to use this instead of SA-100/125? In this case what other part I will need it?

Re
gards

Regi,

Sorry about the delayed response. The 9575.4 will NOT accept the Nikonos arm style. You best option is to go with our SA-100 or SA-125. This way you can use it with your current strobe or one of ours if you decide to take advantage of the TTL circuitry in the future.

I am considering buying also a DS51 to be able to use th TTL.. In this case can I use the SB105 as secondary flash to get more power? I know that TTL in this case won't work..

But I could use the SB105 and it will fire fine if I use the slave option?

Any other recommendation here?
Thanks

I am considering buying also a DS51 to be able to use th TTL.. In this case can I use the SB105 as secondary flash to get more power? I know that TTL in this case won't work..

But I could use the SB105 and it will fire fine if I use the slave option?

Any other recommendation here?
Thanks

The only way to accomplish this would be to sync the SB-105 with the single sync cord (#4116.31) and trigger the DS51 off of its flash with one of our EV Manual controllers seen here:

Manual Strobe Controller

Thanks.. Another question..

It will just this item below:

Ikelite 1.25" (Diameter) Ball with Extended Stem Mount
Mfr. Part: 9577.33

Be enough to connect my SB105. I dont want to spent much money buying more arms for the SB105.

Thanks
Regi

Thanks.. Another question..

It will just this item below:

Ikelite 1.25" (Diameter) Ball with Extended Stem Mount
Mfr. Part: 9577.33

Be enough to connect my SB105. I dont want to spent much money buying more arms for the SB105.

Thanks
Regi

Regi,

The 9577.33 drops and locks into one of our quick release handles. At the end is a 1.25" ball which acts as a mounting point for a ball-joint arm system, like our SA-125.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom