Feb. 3 (Fri) - Dives/Boats Ideas in OC -- SD areas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyheavens

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m attending a wedding sat. in San Diego but staying with family in Laguna Hills so a dive anywhere in between would be great. I want to cut out for a bit and get some dives in so I’m looking for any tips on planned dives/2-3 tank boats that might be happening. I’m driving down so I’ll have any gear needed.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

~John

howdy John....Sundiver Express a bit north of you normally does a Friday trip....looks like they have the 3rd on the schedule....:
Sundiver Express - Trip Schedule . Wish I could get away and join you...enjoy.

As of last weekend (oops, 10 days ago) the Sun Diver Express was having engine problems, made it 1/2 way to Catalina before turning around :-(
Double check with them and have a plan B in place (Laguna Beach has decent diving---if a recent storm has not messed up the vis).
Also, if you have Sunday free after the wedding you will have many more options than on a Friday before.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I've both the sun diver and water horse charter operations. Both would still need to fill more spots to run a boat this Friday but at least they have me on the contact list so I should get a call. Seems a shame to waste a visit down there and not get some dives in.

Thanks again for the heads up. Do let me know if more options come to mind.

~John

Back
Top Bottom