Topaz Pilings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I dived the pilings yesterday and found that someone had yanked my line off the outer piling and wrapped it around some kelp near one of the shallow pilings. I fixed it, including having to add some cave line to reach the outer piling. Today I went back and added line to the northwest piling, making a loop between four pilings. The yellow line is the one I laid today. The green line was from two weeks ago and then repaired yesterday. The lines are a few feet off the sand, so this should make it easy to find the pilings. The shallow two are in 35 feet and the deeper two are in 44 feet.
TopazPilings.jpg

From the center of the condos north of the jetty, swim out to 35 feet and then head north.

Last edited:
We had 12 to 15' vis yesterday. There is a fifth piling inshore from the others, but it's nothing more than a couple of sticks in the sand. These four are covered by corynactis anemones, lots of shrimp and an octopus under each piling. The nudibranchs tend to hide under the sand in the late afternoon, so you'll see more life in the morning.

Cant wait to dive the site.....once again maxbottomtime thanks for your hard work.....

Back
Top Bottom