Hdigh???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This post is aimed at those curious about geting into tech diving and what is involved. The usual comments about training, mentor, and a pile of money apply. As I started getting my gear aquared away to dive in FLA for 10 days I was shocked. The question came to mind, How did I get here!!!.

The spare room in my house is now beter stocked than the local rec dive shop. 4 sets of doubles, 2 lp 120's, 2 hp 120's, a stray lp 72, 1 al 80, and 6 stage bottles. 8 first stages, 12 second stages, a collection of spare hp and lp hoses, dry suit with 3 different sets of underwear, yada yada. All this coupled with the fact that it took me four hours to pump the gas required.

So this is just a reflection of where you are headed if on the tech road. I try not to think about the pile of money that it represents as it makes me feel guilty about telling my wife we do not need a new refrigerator. lol
Eric

I hear you! 33 tanks (six sets of doubles), 19 regulators (it's actually quite a few more than that, but I'm not counting the ones that we are "going to sell"), two scooters, a broad assortment of reels and spools, seven undergarments, four dry suits, and six canister lights between the two of us.

It's why everybody snickers when people get exercised about the cost of the classes . . . :)

It's why everybody snickers when people get exercised about the cost of the classes . . . :)

Now that is funny, sad, and true all in one statement. Pearls of wisdom
Eric

Two Words: DEEP AIR

Two Words: DEEP AIR

lol!!!!!!!
sorry all my mixes have two numbers not one.
Thal searches that toic daily, sure he will be along shortly. lol
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom