Anyone up for diving at La Jolla on 2/12?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhite6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am going to go diving (if the weather allows) on Sunday, Feb 12 at La Jolla Cove. I will be renting a BP/W setup and tanks from San Diego Divers and most probably hiring a guide for the first dive. I have never dived in a BP/W or at La Jolla before, so to me a guide who is experienced with that equipment and area would be nice. I would like to do a second dive that day but I do not want to pay another $85 for a guide. So, anyone up for diving? I really enjoyed diving at Vets Park with Gilbert and JP I met off of here, so I thought I would try again. Heck, if you are way more experienced than me and don't mind showing me the finer points of BP/W, I will save myself $85 and we can do both dives. :) These will be my 13th and 14th dives (3rd and 4th) in So Cal cold water, so make your assumptions from there. I am hoping to find some folks or a guide that likes to go slow as I like to poke along and look all the stuff.

I might be up for a dive in the afternoon @ 2:30 ish on the 12th.

I need to call the dive shop this afternoon to see if the weather will hold on Saturday. The dive shop said they like to dive early (around 7) on the weekend because of the crowds. So, the second dive may be earlier in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom