Sundiver Express and bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I failed to ask when I booked my spot so I'm wondering, what's the layout of the Sundiver Express? Do you leave roller bags on shore? Is there room for tubs under the benches? It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks!

The sundiver express is my favorite boat, besides mine..... fastest cattle boat to the island.... roller bags go with you and theres plenty of room.

Thanks a bunch for the info! I figured I wasn't going to bother with the roller bag if it didn't come with.

If I remember correctly it has two benches on the sides and the bags go under the seats. It's not my favorite boat as it's not comfortable and the last time the staff refused to fill my tank on the way home.

Adam

Not much room for a hardcase, but a softsided dive bag works okay. I put mine inside, best to use the upper bench as opposed to the floor. Last time I had my bag on the floor after the first dive others placed all their wet gear on top of my bag. the express is fast, maybe not as comfortable as the bigger sundiver, but okay.
I don't know of any boat that will fill your tank on the return trip. Well, I take that back, the Mr. C offered that service for a $5 charge, and I was the only one who took them up on it.

Not much room for a hardcase, but a softsided dive bag works okay. I put mine inside, best to use the upper bench as opposed to the floor. Last time I had my bag on the floor after the first dive others placed all their wet gear on top of my bag. the express is fast, maybe not as comfortable as the bigger sundiver, but okay.
I don't know of any boat that will fill your tank on the return trip. Well, I take that back, the Mr. C offered that service for a $5 charge, and I was the only one who took them up on it.

Really? That was the first time filling my tank was refused, and I think it was because the particular guy just did not feel like doing it, which saved me on tips. I've gone on Humboldt, the Lois Ann and others and always return with a full tank. It does not cost them anything to fill and in any case I bring on board a full tank of air and I'm paying for two tank rentals with air, so it makes sense that I should get two fills on a two tank dive trip.

I have not been on a lot of different boats, but none of them have ever filled a tank after the last dive of the day. I was on the Lois Ann last year or so and they did not fill tanks after the last dive then.

Then again, I have never asked either. Maybe I should?

I failed to ask when I booked my spot so I'm wondering, what's the layout of the Sundiver Express? Do you leave roller bags on shore? Is there room for tubs under the benches? It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks!
Great boat and great crew. There is plenty of room on the boat. I found them to be very professional and a well run organisation.

I haven't been on the Sundiver Express for so long that I forgot where I stored my dive bag. As far as filling the tanks after the last dive, I rarely asked for that but when I did, I don't recall any boat refused me.

The Sundiver Express has lots of room. Bring whatever you like. Each space has a small amount of storage below the seat, but anything that woun't fit there can be stowed on the deck. Lots of space. We've had so much gear on that boat you wouldn't believe it.
As for not filling tanks on the way home... Well I doubt it's policy, but they've filled for me many times when they knew I was going to another dive and needed a top off.
There is a picture of the boat on their website... www.sundiver.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom