Indonesia Nikon P7000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Imla

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
HiDesperately need some help.Managed to flood my Nikon P7000 and is currently at Pulau Weh north of Sumatra.I will be staying 1 night in Banda Aceh, and a 5hr stay in Jakarata before going to Mataram and Gili Trawang.Does anyone know of a Nikonstore near or close by these places?I still have a week of diving left, and would really like to have a working camera.

You can check at tokocamzone at least on their website still have offer P7000 for Rp. 3,7 million.Their shop is:ITC FATMAWATI, LT.2 NO.37A JL. RS. FATMAWATI NO.39 - JAKARTA SELATAN 12150 PH: (021) 68664901, 7246835, 70623037, 72792613. FAX: 72792618 SMS: 0813-17587662 is a bit far from airport.There's several camera shop in Pasar Baru , the most complete is Aneka Foto. e-mail them aneka.foto@yahoo.comIf not traffic jam, Mangga dua plaza - around 1 hour from airport has lot of camera stores.I quick check at JPCkemang.com seem no longer selling P7000, but they have P7100

There is a shop in Jakarta: Jakarta photography center, JPC. If you google it u will find it. We just bought a d7000 a week ago....

Remember that everything is more expensive in Indo than thai for example 'cause of the import taxes.

I don't think so, I bought my XZ-1 in Indonesia cheaper than Malaysia. Compared with USA, I agree.
Since Thailand is used as am example, let compare the price of thailand on-line store Nikon Digital Camera Thailand Shop4Thai.com B2C E-Commerce by AG - Online IT Retail Store Bangkok, THAILAND Computer, Hardware, Software, Digital Camera, Notebook against JPC kemang JPCKemang.com | Jakarta Photography Centre
and get the Nikon P7100 and Canon G12 where the Indo price (Rp. 4.775.000 ~US$ 522 and Rp 4.122.000 ~450US$) are much cheaper than Thai (613 US$ both same price)
The Thai website may not be the cheapest on-line store in Thailand, but JPC kemang is more expensive than most on-line store in Indonesia.

Now... I did get a camera in Jakarta. Jakarta was convenient as it was "sortof" on the way to Gili Trawangan from Banda Aceh.
Thanks so much for the tips.

Correct me.But it's ok thinking you got a good deal getting EX.. a camera from another country.But warranty for the product you can have problems with once you are back home,due to the product not being bought in the the country of residents.

Actually... I was never looking for a good deal. I am quite sure that I did not in fact get a good deal. The camera was quite expensive.
However... when you are "a million" miles from home. Half your diveholiday has been "ruined" because your camera got drowned, then I was just happy I found the same camera, so it would fit my uv housing for the last half of my holiday.

And So I did...
Quite happy that I had a camera when I found this little chap... Hippocamus Bargibanti 1.jpg

Actually... I was never looking for a good deal. I am quite sure that I did not in fact get a good deal. The camera was quite expensive.
However... when you are "a million" miles from home. Half your diveholiday has been "ruined" because your camera got drowned, then I was just happy I found the same camera, so it would fit my uv housing for the last half of my holiday.

And So I did...
Quite happy that I had a camera when I found this little chap...

I was talking generally,not at you and yes in your case you had no choice :D

when you are "a million" miles from home WHERE ARE YOU FROM THEN :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom