Best Dive on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some advice.

I'm gonna hit a milestone of sorts (dive 100) while in Hawaii (hey, it's only dive 100, but it's a milestone to me, and that's what's important!).

I want to do something really awesome for dive #100.

Any suggestions? We'll be on Oahu.

Thanks,

AD

My wife and I did a lot of diving on the North shore. This area is only diveable in the summer. It is noted for it's surfing waves in the fall thru spring. We enjoyed Shark's cove and Three tables. Saw lots of turtles, swimthroughs 30 to 60 ft. and a shark or two. The North Shore is heavy on volcanic formations with very little coral. They are beach dives so if you have your own equipment, and like exploring by yourself then i suggest you stop by SurfnSea in Haleiwa and pick up tanks. If you like guides then ask for Richard or Heidi. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

I am planning a trip to Oahu in spring.

I would think the south shore has the better protected diving.

Wiamea is on the north shore, and it is a world class surfing site. Sounds quite exposed to me therefore. I am not sure if the surfing is done to the northeast or northwest of Wiamea. There is a point in between.

From my experience the winter months have some really awesome dives of the South and West coasts. The Makaha Caverns are absolutely outstanding, my favourite by a long shot. Shallow, so allows for a long bottom time. Contact Captain Bruces at www.captainbruce.com for a good quality and proffesional day out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom