Cave Fossil Pics Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings fellow cave enthusiasts.
My wife is working on a project and needs some photo's of cave fossils.
She is a 2nd grade teacher and enjoys taking diving adventures to her classroom.

I have seen some in Madison, Little River,etc but do not carry a camera.
If you have some that you would share or know where to find them I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

CamG

PM me...I've got fossils from my cave dives I can send you...Mostly shark's teeth, but a few other species......I donate to schools regularly....Like to get the lil' savages 'hooked' at an early :D !!!!......

Here's one I took a little while back. Welcome to use it for your wife's 2nd grade class.

Ben

IMG_5880.jpg

a backbone, rumor is it is a dugong, but I couldn't say for sure. Maybe this view will give you a better idea of its size.

IMG_5863.jpg

Thank you for your help.
I will be in touch.

CamG

I shot this image in Cenote Jailhouse, Yucatan, Mexico -- believed to be Mammoth (or Mastodon?) Bones -- far back in the cave:

1faee180.jpg

I shot this image in Cenote Jailhouse, Yucatan, Mexico -- believed to be Mammoth (or Mastodon?) Bones -- far back in the cave:

Hi Peter,

I was told those bones had been identified as coming from a Giant Sloth (pre-historic), but I could be wrong.
The only Mastodon Bones I remember were in Tux Kapaxa and Hola Negra, but I'm sure there are more.
We've seen quite a few Camel Bones (the Pitt and Regina) as well as Mayan skeletons (Jailhouse, Chan Hol and others).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom