Baa atoll in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I heard about manta rays gathering in Baa Atoll in August, but I cannot find any liveaboard trips going there. I read on the forum that only snorkeling is allowed in Hanifaru Bay. Where else to go in the Maldives for manta rays an maybe whalesharks or other sharks in August?

There are some trips to Northern atolls offered in August? What to expect there in terms of weather and marine life? Better go beginning or end of August weatherwise?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Liberty

Contact info@mvorion.com for information on our itinerary that time of the year.

There are plenty of Mantas and a real good chance for whale sharks in places other than Baa that time of year. I am not really sure there is anything official about that area yet, so Live aboards are leery of posting information concerning Hanifaru.

Team M/V Orion

The NE Maldives will offer better chances of mantas in August. Whalesharks can be found all year in the South Ari (which is not NE Maldives)

The NE Maldives will offer better chances of mantas in August. Whalesharks can be found all year in the South Ari (which is not NE Maldives)

You are correct, but most liveaboards leaving out of Male' get good manta action that time of year in North Male' for a dive or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom