First time snorkeling with GoPro @ Koh Lipe, Thailand (Reviews)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fromkhun

New
Reaction score
I've been to Koh Lipe, Thailand last week. this was my first gopro underwater video ^^

[video=youtube_share;7BhLJUNFKfA]http://youtu.be/7BhLJUNFKfA[/video]

Is that the stock lens/ housing that comes with the GoPro2 ?

Would you be able to share what settings you used for the underwater portion of your video? I have a GoPro Hero2 and when I tried it underwater I experienced the extreme blur issues everyone is talking about. Your video seems pretty clear. (BTW Thailand looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!)

Would you be able to share what settings you used for the underwater portion of your video? I have a GoPro Hero2 and when I tried it underwater I experienced the extreme blur issues everyone is talking about. Your video seems pretty clear. (BTW Thailand looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!)

there is an underwater VIDEO Forum here on ScubaBoard that can give you lots of answers about your blur issues. Personally, I got the Backscatter flatport housing to solve the problem, others have bought the blurfix lens that you glue onto the outside of your housing. Either way you go, it is the only answer to solving the underwater issues.

That video is pretty cool. The underwater footage does seem a bit blurry to me though. You might want to look into one of the fixes that I mentioned. I have heard rumors that GoPro is coming out with their own flatport housing sometime this year, too.

robin

Actually you don't glue the BlurFix to the housing. You add a sealant to the back of the BlurFix and use the 6 screws provided with the GoPro housing to attach it to the housing. The BlurFix creates a second airspace in front of the GoPro housing port allowing the GoPro Camera to focus underwater. Very professional. So if you happen to break the lens that's attached to the Blurfix, you don't flood the housing. Your camera stays nice and dry. You also can use the BlurFix on land so there's no need to buy a special housing. Use the same housing above or below the wave.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I actually have a BlurFix sitting in my Amazon wish list... But kind of holding out for GoPro's fix. I think I was also fighting some fogging on my stuff. Oh well, I'm a couple months away from getting in the water anyway. Going to spend some time in a local pool and play with settings to see what I can do. Ice just went out here and I have no desire to get in that water when it's that cold!!! Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom