Green Ring for RG2500 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8fuldiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Where can I get a green colored ring for my RG2500 first stage? I've seen a few people with them on o2 bottles and on Optima's. I'd like to put one on my o2 reg. Can you let me know where I can order one from?

the green ring is used on the optima to distinguish the O2 first stage. it is set for a much lower intermediate pressure than the standard regs to reduce power drain from the O2 solenoid. I'm sure any DR dealer can get one for you.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.713728,-64.885430

The shop I teach for is a DR dealer and I can not find this part in the price list.

hmmmm, I can't find it either... the normal red logo ring doesn't even have a part number in the service manual. weird. I guess if you want the green ring you've gotta get the CCR first stage part #RG1208‐CCR. just remember to set the IP up to 140 before you try to use it...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.744766,-64.705632

Hi,

The green (or red) ring is not for sale separately. We do this purposefully so that we can distinguish green first stages as those with 90psi intermediate pressure rating vs. 140 psi for regular first stage. We receive the first stages with those rings from our OEM and do not sell the rings separately.

You could put a green cap on the first stage or mark with green nail polish if you need an easily recognizable mark for your o2 reg.

Thanks for asking,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom