100% waterproof gps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
is there such a thing?
is there such a thing as 100% waterproof GPS? the Garmin that I bought says it's waterproof but then on the box it says its only submersible for 30 min. and then may suffer damages Underwater for longer periods of time

Almost nothing is "100% waterproof." Heck, U.S. nuclear subs still have a (classified) crush depth.

Are you looking to take the GPS to depth? How deep?

Interesting but very expensive.

Wonder how it would work for a shore dive?

I use a Pelican box....I put the gps in it when I'm shallow water diving and when I come across a spot I bob to the surface and mark it......The box keeps it completely dry...........

I wont be diving with it, just floating on the surface with me as I swim

There are numerous waterproof cases or the thick waterproof bags designed just for that purpose.

I don't know if you have gotten your answer to this yet, but I use one of my old 35mm camera housings to put a Garmin in. The housing is rated to recreational depths, and I'm not using it for anything else anymore. I can't push any buttons on it, but I do turn it on and hook it to a reel. If I find something I want to mark I let it float up for a few min to get a signal then pull it back down.

for what purpose do you want the GPS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom