Komodo Special Adventure on the Damai II 6-17 August 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Due to my previously announced June/July 2013 Komodo trip selling out so quickly, I am pleased to announce a second Komodo trip for 6-17 August 2013 on the luxurious Dive Damai II. Join me on an 11 night trip to the exotic Komodo National Park for a fun and informative trip concentrating on the most photogenic sites in the area. Unlike other trips where the boat follows a well laid out schedule they repeat week to week, we will pick and choose our spots based on photographic productivity and what the group enjoys the most. As of this time, the vessel will depart from Benoa harbor in Bali and finish in the town of Labuan Bajo in western Flores, the gateway to the Komodo National Park. Highlights of the itinerary will include Cannibal Rock and interacting with Komodo dragons in Horseshoe Bay, the Mantas of Manta Alley, Black Sand diving at Sangeang Volcano, and the world-class muck diving in Bima Bay. The Komodo itinerary offers the perfect mix of both macro and wide angle photo opportunities with a plethora of muck and critter diving as well as healthy coral gardens and a large manta population in the area.

On this trip I will be conducting what I call an “informal photo class” throughout the trip. What is an informal photo class? I will give a few lectures on lighting, strobe positioning, and fstop/shutter speeds during the day as well as evening presentations including slideshows, movies, and other photographic topics. Of course I will be available at all times for questions on setup and photographic critique. I will also be available to answer any questions you may have on diving in general, Indonesia itself and anything and everything to do with diving and photography.

Although many of the guests will be photographers, this is not a trip only for photo and video people; everyone is invited as the Komodo area offers a large “Wow Factor” for even the most fickle of divers.

The Dive Damai II is one of the newest (as of November 2011) and most luxurious boat running in Indonesia and features many amazing amenities not typically found on other liveaboards. Please visit Dive Damai for further information and photos of the boat.

There are currently 8 spaces available for this trip in 3 classes of cabin, prices are as follows for an 11 night trip (flights are not included):

Single Cabin (2 available): US $6325 per person
Twin Share (2 available): US $5775 per person
Master Suite (1 available): US $6875 per person

A 25% deposit is required within 10 days of booking to secure your spot, I expect this trip to sell out very quickly so please inquire asap to avoid disappointment.

For more information, booking details, and contact email addresses please visit: www.mikeveitchblog.com or send me a PM here on Scubaboard.

If you are interested please book quickly as I expect this trip to sell out quickly!

Due to a recent cancellation, the deluxe room is now open again. The twin/double room is also still available, a total of 4 spots, contact info (at) underwatertribe.com
I have also created a new information page about the trip on the Underwater Tribe Blog: Komodo August 2013 if you need more information

I have had a single male cancel for this trip so a new spot has opened up for a single male in a twin share cabin at $5775. There is also a double/twin cabin remaining, perfect for a couple or two traveling companions also at $5775 per person.

Due to a recent cancellation, we have space available in a twin/double room on our August 6-17 trip to Komodo on the Damai Dua Liveaboard. This trip will be an outstanding one with multiple chances to interact with manta rays, dive the incredible Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, and Shotgun sites in north Komodo, experience the wonderful diversity of Horseshoe Bay in south Rinca, and of course our favourite parts of the trip: muck diving in Bima and the black sand sites of Sangeang volcano. This is the last room available so please let us know asap if you would like to join. info@underwatertribe.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom