OMS Suppliers in the USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbleshark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

Apart from the OMS website, do any of you know of any good reliable dive shops that have online shopping, and ship internationally?

OMS states that they ship internationally, but actually they do not, they just refer you through to local agents who bump up the price by up to 250%.

I have contacted PrimeScuba who are very helpful, but just wondered if there were any others out there.

Many thanks in anticipation.

cave adventurers in mariana fl. Edd is hard to beat and he ships internationly.
Thanks for that, I've had a look at their website, and they don't seem to sell much OMS gear.

Thanks though, i'll keep the link as a favorite just incase.

A more important question is "Why?"

Why would you want anything from OMS?
OMS has a deserved reputation of extremely horrible customer service.
Good luck getting OMS to honor their warranty.

With all of the other manufacturers out there, it makes no sense to purchase anything from OMS.

Thanks Nick for the Leisure Pro link.

So Doc, "WHY" wouldn't you buy OMS, I take it you had a bad experience with them.

If not OMS, what BP/W would you buy and why ??

Just looking for a single tank, BP & W with a small(ish) bladder, but a comfort type harness rather than a single strap.

Any pointers ??

Dive rite makes a great product, and I have never had bad customer service. The OMS support is terrible, myself and a buddy had some bad experiences with OMS customer support. Deep Sea supply is also a good product.

Do what I did.
I wanted an OMS Comfort Harness system, but I couldn't get one locally and I heard awful things about OMS customer service. So I went looking for similar ones. What I found was the Hollis Elite II harness. Compare pictures of the two. They're almost the same. I picked up this harness and never went back. Hollis' customer service is fantastic and you can tell it's a high quality piece of kit. I've been diving it for about a year now and I love it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom