Where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajrdesign

New
Reaction score
I'm approaching a couple weeks vacation time and I'd like to take some time to go diving. The problem I'm running into is I don't really know of any good resources to find out where I want to go.

Where do you go when you want to find a new place to dive?

Have you looked at the bottom of the Forum page to look at the destination sections? There are some threads in there with some good info I bet. Also, knowing where you are at would help...:wink:

Red Sea, Truck Lagoon, Maui, Cayman Islands, Roatan, British Virgin Islands, Twin Quarries (Circleville, Ohio)

My dive destinations are based on several criteria

Budget - where can I afford to dive?
Destination - what is there that appeals to me e.g. muck diving, nudibranchs etc.
Route - how easy is it to get there, can I use any air miles etc., how many flights.
Feedback - Anyone else dived there, check SB forum on the country planned to visit, friends who may have dived there, recommendations for places to stay (incl Trip Advisor.com)
Plus what can I do on my No-Fly day before I return.

Well on the last day have a bloody good drink hope you have a nice trip

I've been diving on most every island (except a few "major" touristy ones) in the Caribbean, and my absolute FAVORITE dive destination is Roatan. My second favorite is San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. I love Coz, St Thomas, St Maarten, St Lucia, and the rest of the Caribbean....but those two have my heart.

If you go to Roatan, stay in either West Bay ($$$) or West End ($)....but dive through West End Divers. Centrally located, AWESOME crowd, super chill, but knowledgeable and with a schedule. Best dive shop I've ever been through. Sueno del Mar is definitely second on the island.

Scuba Diving and Sport Diver magazines are full of ads and features on various dive locations. Join undercurrent.org, an on line magazine and "chapbook" and you can get diver feedback on about any location and dive shop and dive boat on the planet, year by year. This web site is full of information. If you are on line to post here, you can google "scuba diving in________" naming any state or county, and get tons of information. Finally, and not least, you local dive shop will have a wealth of information places with which they are familiar.
DivemasterDennis

Check out the scuba magazines. They are full of great places to dive. You LDS should know some local dive sites.

Back
Top Bottom