I'm looking for a Android RDP app that allows for Nitrox, displays PG & cum. O2 %

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sshrum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So far most of the apps I've tried just don't cut it.

I'm looking for a dive calc app that will do:

+ single dive and multi dive calcs w/ SI input
+ PG display
+ imperial units
+ nitrox values from 21-40%
+ non-rounding, formula based calculations
+ Display cum. O2 %s (with dive depth, time limits to keep O2 saturation below 100%)

I'm sorta surprised PADI hasn't come out with something...but then again, they'd won't sale very many eRDPs (and their current eRPD doesn't deal with Nitrox, you have to roundup to EAD or use a calcuator and the formulas)

I'm not looking for a log app, my dive computer tracks my dives...I just want something that will give me the good ol' 'at the moment' info.

Divemax looks good but it currently doesn't do Nitrox or PGs

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/sports/divemax-air-dive-planner_bxwrs.html

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Have you tried dive planner pro? I think it does pretty much all you want

..but yeah generally the iOS apps are better although a lot of those aren't that impressive either ha

Have you tried this link https://market.android.com/search?q=SCUBA+CALCULATORS&c=apps (ANDROID MARKET I loaded the V-PLANNER ON MY PHONE .I also have Dive Planner PRO on my phone I like both . V-planner probably works the best
https://market.android.com/search?q=SCUBA+CALCULATORS&c=apps

Dive planner looks good...shows ata, O2 exposure, and pg...the free version is just metric and no option for nitrox but they say the pro version will do that. But I also like all the options in V-planner's settings area (including altitude adjustments, allowing you to set ata monitors, adjust your conservative waypoints, and other things).

Does DivePlanner Pro let you adjust your Nitrox mix between multi-dives...I didn't see a way to change the dive mixtures per dive (maybe only in the pay version)?

Thanks again for the input.

Just FYI for future post readers: I bought the Dive Planner Pro ($1.66)...let's you adjust the nitrox mixes per dive....sweet.

Got DivePlanner $1.60 ( search by typing them as ONE word ) and then found SCUBA Helper, free. Gonna check them both out.... So far, Dive Planner seems pretty easy............

From what I have read recently I would not be surprised it PADI did come out with a specific app for that in the near future. Nothing definitive, this is just what I heard "through the grapevine". Dive Trainer magazine had an article recently on these new tech.

Back
Top Bottom