snorkeling clearwater or cedar key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry H PA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Will be here for entire week. Wife wants to go to a beach and snorkel. Can anybody suggest a place? Near clearwater or cedar key? Thanks.

Will be here for entire week. Wife wants to go to a beach and snorkel. Can anybody suggest a place? Near clearwater or cedar key? Thanks.
Would she reconsider and try a spring... Crystal River is only an hour north of you.. Cedar Key is nada.. its not worth the drive..
Gulf this time of yr is still about 66 degrees and at times rough.

Call American Pro Diving in Crystal River and see if they are doing any Manatee tours or try to rent a boat and get into 3 sisters and snorkel or swim...

As for Beaches.. we have em all over.. take your pick. I am a local and my choise is all the way south to Passagrille to avoid the tourists..
PM me if I can help..
M.

Thanks,going to try crystal river monday.Next saturday giving wechi wachi a try. Also devils den or blue grotto. Im in Savannah tonight and its cold,hope florida weather will be good this week.

Clearwater is a nice beach but there's not much to see in the water... sand... Homosassa is beautiful and you can rent a pontoon boat for the day: it's pretty cheap. You'll see manatees up the river in spring water 72F, and if you venture out to the bay, it's really beautiful salt water 63F, but it's about an hour to get out of the river; however, I'd highly suggest it. There's a monkey island in the middle of the river and usually a band at Macrays on the weekend. It's not the beach, but in my opinion, worth a days trip.

Thanks,going to try crystal river monday.Next saturday giving wechi wachi a try. Also devils den or blue grotto. Im in Savannah tonight and its cold,hope florida weather will be good this week.

Should be.. supposed to warm up come Monday. Water temps in the springs are a constant 72 degrees.
Someone turned down the thermostat this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom