Leisure Pro & Cressi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug catcher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received a Cressi Evo. mask and Rx lenses for X-mas. I also got the Cressi video on how to change the lenses. The video looked a lot easier than the procedure turned out to be. After swapping the lenses I noticed some hairline cracks around the nose piece of the snap ring. L.P. told me to go to Cressi for a new snap ring and Cressi told me to take it to the dealer I got it from. After several e mails, (13 in all), to Cressi and L.P. and one negative comment on L.P. facebook page I got results. Cressi told me to send them the mask and they replaced the snap ring and re installed the Rx lenses & returned the mask to me at no charge. L.P. gave me a $25.00 gifit certificate for my trouble. I know this was my fault and I am very glad I was able to get a positive resolution. Customer service is not a thing of the past and I will continue to purchase from these companies.
I would like to thank Robert Cooper from Cressi and the staff at L.P. (Aaron, Angela, Nick, & Rick.:)

Generally speaking, the product warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not the independent scuba retailer. I would expect the responsible manufacturer to jump right up and honor his warranty the moment the selling retailer, who is under no obligation, declines to take care of it.

I would not call that any kind of customer service.Thirteen phone calls....should have purchased it at a lds where the lds would have installed the lens and gotten it right the 1st time.

I would not call that any kind of customer service.Thirteen phone calls....should have purchased it at a lds where the lds would have installed the lens and gotten it right the 1st time.

Do you have any idea what the cost difference might have been? Some divers need that extra LDS support but other are like me. I would rather DIY that pay someone else to do those things I am perfectly capable of doing.

Do you have any idea what the cost difference might have been? Some divers need that extra LDS support but other are like me. I would rather DIY that pay someone else to do those things I am perfectly capable of doing.
Thirteen emails and you call that acceptable customer service??
As to cost Ihave no idea what the OP paid,perhaps he will come back and answer this. We sell a scubapro solara at $66. (I believe that is less than what leisure pro does) and the lens are $34.-$35.each.Installed while you wait.Takes all of 5 minutes or less.

I paid almost 50% less for the mask then the local Cressi dealer wanted. I felt comfortable doing the lens swap, unfortunately I ended up with the small cracks. Cressi wanted me to take it back to the dealer but I didn't feel comfortable taking it where I didn't buy it and Cressi wouldn't send me a new snap ring. I could have gotten a mask that cost less but I like Cressi. I didn't say 13 e mails was acceptable customer service, it is what it was and I hoped people could make there own decision (which they did). In the end the problem was mine and I'm glad it got resolved. Lenses were $39.99 ea., mask on sale for about $52.00. L.P. did give me a $25.00 gift cirtificate and I bought some fins & saved another $40.00 +.

Thirteen emails and you call that acceptable customer service??
As to cost Ihave no idea what the OP paid,perhaps he will come back and answer this. We sell a scubapro solara at $66. (I believe that is less than what leisure pro does) and the lens are $34.-$35.each.Installed while you wait.Takes all of 5 minutes or less.

No, I agree that is unacceptable. CRESSI should have effectively responded with help much sooner than that. They are the one with the warranty and the required part.

But if you would like to take this opportunity to fire another shot at Leisurepro; be my guest. They are not clean in this by any means on my scorecard. But it sure does look like the mask was a good price.

Let see, purchaser takes a mask and breaks it installing lenses he apparently was not qualified or capable of installing. I think he is lucky he got anything out of this. Knock wood.

No, I agree that is unacceptable. CRESSI should have effectively responded with help much sooner than that. They are the one with the warranty and the required part.

But if you would like to take this opportunity to fire another shot at Leisurepro; be my guest. They are not clean in this by any means on my scorecard. But it sure does look like the mask was a good price.
We agree except on price..By my accounting lp mask saved consumer $5..not a real big savings here,and if consumer had to pay for shipping it probably is a loss..for the effort and poor customer service consumer could have had better results with a LDS..as for the "gift certificate' giving one to the consumer is in fact a good face saving tatic,but it also opens the door to additional sales for LP..I rather have the cash.

Let see, purchaser takes a mask and breaks it installing lenses he apparently was not qualified or capable of installing. I think he is lucky he got anything out of this. Knock wood.

I would not call it "broken" and I would not be sure it is the fault of the OP. I have found those types of stress cracks in a few of my plastic masks. I don'y\t know whether they are a mfgr defect, a sign of aging, or the result of user removal and replacement. In any case, they are cheap plastic retainers that should be at least as available as lenses with no hassle.

... could have had better results with a LDS..

Yes, he might have. Some/many/most LDSs often provide good customer service. And some are as bad or worse than those online dealers who have a reputation for occasional customer service issues. Even the best are not immune to disappointing customers and producing customer dissatisfaction. I, personally, not usually need or want a lot of special service so I usually opt for the best prices. I guess it is a "bird in the hand vs two in the bush" thing. But there are some LDSs and some online dealers I usually avoid, regardless of $$$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom