VT4.0 issues on a recent dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On the tail end of a recent dive trip I had issues with my VT4. On Feb 4 I did my first dive of the day 31% Nitrox to a depth of 105 ft. Dive was fine and VT4 performed normally. We did a fairly short surface interval and I switched my VT4 to 36% and used the VT4 to plan my next dive which would be very shallow, max depth ~30 ft. Everything checked out and I had ample no deco time for the dive. I splashed and almost immediatly the VT4 jumped into deco. That was strange, but since it was a long dive at shallow depth I was able to clear the deco before the next dive. I continued to fight with the computer for the following 2 dives of the day before I finally locked it out on the night dive. I was able to complete my diving as I dive with a sherwood wisdom as a backup, but it was rather frustrating to have the computer malfunction. If it was too short of a surface interval I would expect the sherwood (also a pelagic computer) to have mimiced the same output as the VT4, but the other computer was fine. I am sure I could download the sherwood for comparison if that will help. Firmware version of the VT4 is 1B.02, which I believe is the latest version.

Any ideas on what may have caused this. I have uploaded screenshots of the first 2 dives in oceanlog and the excel exports of the dives in case this helps.

I figured I would jump in the pool this weekend to see what happens, but since this will be a shallow non-repetitive dive I am not convinced that the problem would show up anyway.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• dive1.jpg
    dive1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 75
  • dive2.jpg
    dive2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 75
  • dive1.xls
    40 KB · Views: 48
  • dive2.xls
    54.5 KB · Views: 54
It shouldnt have done this, I would recomend calling Oceanic directly and talking to them about it. The number is 1-800-435-3483.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom