Has anyone tried CO Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Scotty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As I was cruising the board I noticed a ad on the side bar for Co Pro. Interest clicked in and went to the site to check it out. A very interesting site with price the average diver can afford. Face it everyone doesn't have the disposable cash for some of the other brand tester. Has anyone tried this product? I'm someone has for Pete to place the ad on the board...lol

Never heard of it and couldn't find it on Google.

Looking through their website there are only 2 things that really caught my eye. The first is that you have to wait 5-10 minutes for the sensor to color change. Okay if you're diving on your own and set your own time schedule, not so much if you're using an outfit that is trying to get trips out the door and you have to wait 10 minutes to test the air from a tank and then possibly switch it out and begin the test again. The big thing that caught my attention was the disclaimer about their own product:
* CO-PRO is intended only as a detector of carbon monoxide and is not a substitute for proper testing or inspection of breathing air.
I interpreted that as: *This product is intended only as a joke and waste of your money
and is not the proper piece of equipment for the application you intend to use it for.
Save your money for an analyzer that was meant to actually analyze a tank and the air it contains.

Sidebar ad is Google specified. You've been searching for CO monitors. I keep getting ads for hot Asian singles. What's up with that? :)

Sidebar ad is Google specified. You've been searching for CO monitors. I keep getting ads for hot Asian singles. What's up with that? :)

Not the top Sidebar ad. That is a new sponsor.

Not the top Sidebar ad. That is a new sponsor.

Although Wookies answer made the most sense to me....lol With what Howard has said, has anyone tried this product of the new sponsor? I tried a search of past post before I started this thread with no results. You would think if they where spending money with the board that would want to talk about their product on here...

Sounds like they need to give some freebies out to create a buzz.

I notice it can be used several times until CO is detected, that is good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom