TDI online Nitrox course...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone taken this and have any issues with the quizzes? I took the chapter 1 test several times last night because it kept saying I had the wrong answer to a single question and then showed my answer as the correct one in the explanation but not in the multiple choice. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screen shot...

I will be reporting this to TDI tonight once I get home and finish up the course but I wanted to see if anyone else has run across this issue.

Is it possible it was one of those with the "one-word" difference, and it only looked correct in your mind?

well once that was the case and I realized I misread it after thinking about it for a bit. The other one was "Air" is made up of 21% oxygen, 78.xx% nitrogen and blank.

Answers were
several specific gas options I don't remember and "trace gasses".

I selected trace gasses and got it wrong according to the answer. (I believe it quoted helium as the right choice.) The explanation of the answer, though, said my choice was the correct choice and I'm pretty sure that is what the course materials said too. I'm going to reread the materials just to be sure.

I'm going to finish the course tonight to make sure nothing else like that happens and if it does I'll take a screen cap and email TDI. Otherwise I'll just email TDI and hope they'll at least verify whether the mistake is in their system or was my error.

Could it have said argon? That should be the correct answer. Other trace gasses would have lower % than argon.

Could it have said argon? That should be the correct answer. Other trace gasses would have lower % than argon.
No it was definitely either Helium or Hydrogen... I suspect Helium but I didn't take a screen shot so I'm not 100%.

I've found some other issues while going further through the course this evening so I'll be sending some screen caps to TDI, which will hopefully make the process better for people in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom