Palancar Industries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatevva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Palancar Industries is (was) the company licensed by DAN to manufacture DAN tags and various other DAN items. I placed a call to DAN today after repeated calls and emails to Palancar went unanswered in reference to items I had ordered (and paid for) last December. DAN informed me that they have severed ties with Palancar and are still in the process of finding another company to take over the tag manufacturing process. The gentleman I spoke with would not go into any details as to what had happened. Panacar's web site is still up and running and you can still place orders, but I have a feeling that those orders may never get filled. Tomorrow I'll call my CC company and see if It's too late to contest the charges.

My appologies if I have placed this in the wrong forum...

This is interesting as I purchased one of these tags late last year and I watched the status of my order for weeks as it kept saying that is was processing. I eventually read on their site that some orders could be expedited if you were going on a dive holiday so I phoned them up but had to leave a voicemail. The guy did end up phoning me back that same day a few hours later and I told him I was running out of time and he looked up my order and made sure to put it through on the next batch. Just over a week later it was at my place just in time for my dive holiday to Australia. Not bad considering this all took place over Christmas.

Tag is good. Have it clipped to my BCD. No worries! No idea what happened but the one I got from Palancar is quite nice and good quality :cool2:

This is interesting as I purchased one of these tags late last year and I watched the status of my order for weeks as it kept saying that is was processing. I eventually read on their site that some orders could be expedited if you were going on a dive holiday so I phoned them up but had to leave a voicemail. The guy did end up phoning me back that same day a few hours later and I told him I was running out of time and he looked up my order and made sure to put it through on the next batch. Just over a week later it was at my place just in time for my dive holiday to Australia. Not bad considering this all took place over Christmas.

Tag is good. Have it clipped to my BCD. No worries! No idea what happened but the one I got from Palancar is quite nice and good quality :cool2:

I have seen some of the tags that came from there, and agree, that they're very nice. I did try to rush the order for my cozumel trip this month but never got a return call or email. My order still says "processing"

Well, I must have spoken to the correct people (or this thread) because I got a call from Palancar today saying that they were splitting up my order and it would ship out from 2 locations tomorrow. I'll follow up when the items arrive.

Good to hear it!

Hope it gets resolved! I'm glad you started this thread I was just getting ready to order a couple of them. Is there anything on DAN's web site about this change with Palancar?

Edit: I just checked DAN's site. The tags are no longer offered in their store that I could find, however I didn't see any mention of severing ties with Palancar. I might have missed it so correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm just glad I bought mine when I did so that I have it. One thing I found when it did show up is the size of it. I thought it was going to be much smaller but this thing is "quite" big!!!

Without benefit of reading this thread I ordered some tags from Palancar in early April. We received one order about a month later. However, a second order placed in late April had not been shipped. When I called the phone numbers on their web site we discovered that the phones had been disconnected. My credit card company is investigating the charges for the merchandise that was not delivered. I also have a call in to DAN to find out what is going on. The bottom line is that the products we ordered were very nice. However, having the company go out of business without getting what we ordered is not so nice. Even more troubling is that when you obtain a DAN tag you wind up giving Palancar a fair amount of fairly private information. Thus, the whereabouts of the computer with personal medical information about thousands of DAN members is more than just troubling.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Without benefit of reading this thread I ordered some tags from Palancar in early April. We received one order about a month later. However, a second order placed in late April had not been shipped. When I called the phone numbers on their web site we discovered that the phones had been disconnected. My credit card company is investigating the charges for the merchandise that was not delivered. I also have a call in to DAN to find out what is going on. The bottom line is that the products we ordered were very nice. However, having the company go out of business without getting what we ordered is not so nice. Even more troubling is that when you obtain a DAN tag you wind up giving Palancar a fair amount of fairly private information. Thus, the whereabouts of the computer with personal medical information about thousands of DAN members is more than just troubling.

Ya I suppose I never thought of that. Hopefully the records are destroyed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom