Sept Cruise vacation - Italy, Turkey, Greece, Monaco & Spain - Diving anywhere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jodylynn007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello fellow dive friends, I am visiting Europe for the first time (I live in Canada and have never flown overseas) to take a cruise (Princess Cruise Lines) departing Sept. 15/12 as follows:

1Venice, Italy
Saturday, September 15
Overnight Stay
2Venice, Italy
Sunday, September 16
8:00 AM
3At Sea
Monday, September 17
4Athens (Piraeus), Greece
Tuesday, September 18
9:00 AM6:45 PM
5Kusadasi, Turkey (for Ephesus)
Wednesday, September 19
7:00 AM1:00 PM
6Istanbul, Turkey
Thursday, September 20
8:00 AM6:00 PM
7Mykonos, Greece
Friday, September 21
12:00 PM7:00 PM
8At Sea
Saturday, September 22
9Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii)
Sunday, September 23
7:00 AM7:00 PM
10Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Monday, September 24
7:00 AM7:00 PM
11Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Tuesday, September 25
6:00 AM7:00 PM
12Monte Carlo, Monaco
Wednesday, September 26
6:00 AM2:00 PM
13Barcelona, Spain
Thursday, September 27
5:00 AM

Could someone who is local to this area provide me with some information as to whether there would be worthwhile diving at any of my stops (I will be at around 75 dives by Sept of this year)?

I'd really like to plan a day or two of diving into my vacation, even if it means missing some of the historical sites. If you can provide recommendations as to dive ops as well, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance.

If you face to ruin your chance to see historical places, I recommend you to go diving to Saros Bay 3 hours away from Istanbul. www.atlantis-scuba.com\engindex.html will take you from Istanbul at 8 am on September 20 and bring you back to Istanbul at 5 pm on September 21 (as I understand your cruise ship will have one night in Istanbul). They have English speaking instructor who will guide you during the dives. The diving spot has Mediterrenean flora and fauna. The water temperature will be 25 Celcius degrees on the surface, 18 - 20 Celcius degrees below thermocline and the visibility will be 10 meters in September 20-21. There is possibility to see octopuses, conger eel, nudibranches,...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom