Gear Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakerPride

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the chance to buy 3 80cf Aluminum tanks and 2 63cf Aluminum for 95 bucks, they were all just hydro in January, Also I can get a Scubapro 1st stage MK25 for 100 used, and last a pair of Scubapro Twin jets for 65 used, or 250 for all of it just wondering if these would be good buys?

Also wanted to know I have always used the old scubapro jet fins, are the twin jets that much better? I have a crack in the footwell of my old pair so I need a new set, and I want to know if I should stay with the tried and true or if its worth it to switch?

Good deal on the tanks if they pass vis. Good price on the MK25. Twin jets are nothing like jets. They are scubapro's version of split fins. Spend the 65 on another set of real jets from ebay. Or add a few bucks and go with Hollis F-1's, OMS slipstreams, Dive Rites, HOG classinc tech fins, etc.

I wonder what truck that stuff fell off of :)

That's a good, maybe too good, price for all that...hydro of all those tanks would run nearly that much if he took to a LDS to drop off.

As far as the fins, I would personally stick with the jets and re-sell the split jets.

I wonder what truck that stuff fell off of :)

That's a good, maybe too good, price for all that...hydro of all those tanks would run nearly that much if he took to a LDS to drop off.

As far as the fins, I would personally stick with the jets and re-sell the split jets.
I agree with this. A few simple questions should answer that it is a legit deal. Like, "Do you have receipts?", or "did you dive the gear?" I have had friends lose their dive gear to thieves from their home and another friend that is a contractor just lost $6,000 in tools from his truck when parked in his front yard. I sure don't want to support buying stolen gear that could be mine someday.

If it is legit, grab it and resell what you don't want. Like the twin jet fins.

They were in a storage building with some women's gear that the people didn't pay their bill. The guy is keeping the S600 reg and an octo I tried talking him out of, along with the men's BC and a SMB. The 1st stage was in a scubapro box but it has nicks and dings in it so it has been used. I know the owner of the storage, I should add about 40 bucks in for gas to go pick it up.

Buy it, keep what you need and sell the rest on Ebay.

I'll give you $105 for the mk25 if you decide to sell it :) Heck, I'll even pay shipping and paypal costs!

I have the chance to buy 3 80cf Aluminum tanks and 2 63cf Aluminum for 95 bucks, they were all just hydro in January,

Better find out the "born on date". If it's 1990 or before, a lot of shops won't fill them.

I would probably take it all as fast as I could write the check. With any luck the tanks will be the good Aluminum and the fins will not fit so you will have to resell them.

I bought everything but the fins, and I talked him down to 75 on the tanks. I paid 175 all together, and then I just bought a new pair of jets and a new frameless mask online. I am trying to stay within the DIR list you all supplied me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom