Montreal Divers???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinglife

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was wondering if there are any Montreal divers out there??? I come up quite often and would love to do some local diving (although I heard Kahnawake Quarry is no longer accessable). There doesn't seem to be a Quebec diving section down below so I'm posting it here!!!!
Ou etez vous???

hey I,m a diver from quebec . Its a bit cold now so I,ve stopped diving for the winter but all summer long I head a dive club and we go out nearly every weekend

pm if you want more details

divinglife once bubbled...
I was wondering if there are any Montreal divers out there??? I come up quite often and would love to do some local diving (although I heard Kahnawake Quarry is no longer accessable). There doesn't seem to be a Quebec diving section down below so I'm posting it here!!!!
Ou etez vous???

After my last dive last week, in which I needed to thaw out my gear upon my return home, I have hung out my gear. But if you're up to a dive a the 50-feet Olympic pool next time you come by, PM me and I'll be glad to join you.

Jean

Maybe further into the winter I'll try out that olympic pool option just to keep wet. I also must do some practicing with the dry suit so taht might be a good way to do it. Do either of you know if it is at all possible to dive at the Biodome??? Cause that would VERY cool. I;ve thought of applying for a diving job with them but it appears they usually get people in local biology programs.
Oh well.

The diving well there is tres kewl. :thumb:

How much are they charging to dive it these days?

No more diving at Kahnawake? That would be a shame. Several of the best freshwater dives I've ever done were there.

The dive shop I use in Montreal had this whole thing set up with the reservation where they allowed us to dive there and the police force got super involved with diving and they were cleaning up stuff to sink in the quarry. BUT, apparently students started abusing the system and cutting the lock to the parking area and saying they had the permission of the shop to be there that day. Well some locals complained and the counsel decided to not allow any further schools (this is the story I hear). Yeah, it really is too bad cause its a great place to train. I believe the shop now goes to St. Zotique.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom