question concerning Aeris quick disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbirch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I have an Aeris Atmos AI, which has worked pretty flawlessly for the hundred or so dives on it to date. My question is regarding the quick disconnect on the HP hose. The hose, as supplied, is just too long for my rig and it bows out quite a bit (I ahve caught it on the railings of a couple of dive boats while getting back on the boat). i'm looking into option to streamline my rig and one option is to use a shorter HP hose. My question is: Does anyone know if it is possible to take the Quick disconnect fitting off the factory supplied Aeris hose & move it across to a shorter, standard HP hose?

Thanks.

I'm interested in an answer to this question as well, but for the opposite reason - I want a longer hose. I don't want to rip apart my QD hose just to find out it can't be done, and then need to spend $100 to replace it. However, since all I can find online is the QD connector WITH hose, I suspect that it's permanently attached. Hopefully Aeris eventually answers your (our) question.

I see no one has answered the original question, but I just upgraded a not QD Atmos ai by having a QD installed. I think I paid my dealer $70. That might be your best option.

DB

Back
Top Bottom