dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snailinpails

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
soo ive been told that i should have recieved a dive log book and taught to use it during my naui dive certfication. would me not getting one of these be something against the law or rules for this? i feel kind of cheated after learning this.

Ask the dive shop where you got the instruction. It's likely that they just forgot. Either way, it's not that expensive for a logbook, and it's less than $20 for a binder with log pages.

Mine came with my PADI pack, it is nothing special, just the dive plan diagram, an area for notes, and a play for your buddy or dm to sign.
a buddy of mine has his own custom log on his pc. I am only logging my dives, so I can use them for certification purposes later, ala the night dive I have done,, can be used when i get the night diver cert.

I think you were shorted. New divers should have a log book included in their materials package, with a section for dive training, as well as for logging other dives. The LDS with which am affiliated provides one withall basic certification packages. Get a log and keep it current. You'll be glad you did when you seek to go on some advanced dives in the future, or want to enroll in more classes. If you ever want to go pro, you need to prove experience levels, and after you go pro, you still need to keep the log for lots of reasons, not the least of which is liability and insurance issues.
DivemasterDennis

our dive master didnt give us any packet. he taught us how to use a dive chart for depths and legth of depths. but i never received a packet. :/

I'mm pretty into logging my dives in excruciating detail. Among the most important things I log: weight I carried, gear configuration, and SAC rate for that dive.

Reactions: Jax
Logging dives isn't a requirement by any standards. It is handy to do, so you can provide proof of your days, like where, when and the number of dives. However when starting your course, it's is required that you do so just show that you did do the open water dives.

If they did not provide a dive log, how did the instructor sign off on your certification dives? There should be some written record indicating you successfully complete your underwater exercises and the required number of open water dives. Normally the instructor will assist you in completing the first one or two and will sign off in that log.

Based on some of the other questions you've asked on SB I starting to wonder how effective you instruction was. IJS.

Back
Top Bottom