Nikon D40 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GooseEgg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy, I've been trying to figure out where I might be able to find an underwater housing for my D40. I know the D40 was discontinued a while ago, so when I search online the housings that come up have also been discontinued. I'm not ready to buy one yet, but I would like to find some options and a price range for a discontinued product. Thanks!

Sea & Sea RDX-60 fits D-40, D40X and D60. Still available and in stock at B & H photo and others. It's a nice set-up because you can use either sync cord or fiber-optic strobe. The ports are somewhat cheaper than the ones for the high end S & S housings, also.

Thanks for the reply Larry. Ill check that out!

Aquatica used to make one, you might find one used. Adm. Linda, my GF, has one and has won contests with it.

D40, D40X, and D60 all the same chassis, different electronics. D3000 is ALMOST the same. Linda started with a D40, and then got a D60 body. The D40 was her surface camera until she ended up with my old D70.

Back
Top Bottom