Removing the scratch protector from a Veo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I have a Veo 2.0 wrist mount. It came with a hard plastic scratch protector over the lens. The problem with that sort of scratch protector is two-fold:

1. It gets scratched.

2. Stuff grows between it and the face of the computer.

I prefer to cut my own scratch protectors from Palm Pilot (etc.) scratch protector material. Does the OEM hard plastic scratch protector just pop off?

Chuck

I comes off, there are 4 plastic legs that snap into place. I don't mess with mine unless I absolutly have to because it is plastic.

Bob
-----------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Thanks, Bob.

It popped off without too much trouble. I used a West System epoxy mixing stick (think plastic tongue depressor, but with an almost sharp edge on the end. I pushed it under to OEM scratch protector from the buttons side. That popped one plastic pawl (latching leg) loose. I then fiddled the next pawl with a flat-bladed jeweler's screwdriver, and it all popped out.

The OEM protector proved to be a useful template for cutting the Palm Pilot stuff. Mark around the outside of the OEM, then put a 1 3/4" circle template concentric with the OEM and mark there. Now take your Friskars and cut around the OUTSIDE edge of the circle template line. Don't have a circle template? I guess you didn't train as an engineer in the days before Autocad and Visio.

The hardest part was finding the dang Palm Pilot sheets here at the dive shack. Message to self: don't put dive stuff in with the obsolete camera stuff.

Chuck

I may have ti try this. I have the Veo 1.0 console and the stratch protector is all scratched making it hard to see the screen. I noticed after just a few dives that this would be problematic.

Back
Top Bottom